Eliminez-les toxines et les tensions du quotidien
The beneficial effects felt after a rheumatology cure are the result of the thermal treatment itself, together with the benefits of rest and the therapeutic education imparted.
- Significant and lasting pain relief,
- Improved joint mobility with greater range of motion,
- Clear improvement in the quality of life.
Thermal water heated at 36°C relieves pain considerably and improves the mobility of the joint by relaxing the muscles in general. The mechanical effect plays a major therapeutic role during underwater rehabilitation. The surge of thermal water produces a soothing effect which facilitates movements and relaxes the muscles. The increased viscosity of the Mondorf water helps specifically to strengthen – while relaxing – the muscles.
The main ailments treated in a Rheumatism cure are:
- Inflammatory rheumatism: Progressive chronic polyarthritis, ankylosing spondylarthritis, psoriatic arthritis
- Non-rheumatoid arthritis: Tendonitis and tenosynovitis, algoneurodystrophy, scapulohumeral periarthritis, sequelae of sciatica, lumbago
- Degenerative chronic rheumatism: coxarthrosis, gonarthrosis, rachis arthrosis, shoulder arthrosis, etc. …
- Sequelae of osteoarticular trauma
The cure programme includes care treatments with:
- Sedative effects: natural Fango wrap, baths, compresses, traction, electrotherapy, sophrology, etc.
- Stimulating effects: massages, movement in the swimming pool, and shower.
- Rehabilitation effects: functional, postural rehabilitation.
Good to know
On the recommendation of your attending physician, make an appointment with a cure physician at Mondorf Domaine Thermal to prescribe your cure. Once the medical inspectorate of the National Health Fund (NHF) has given its approval, the NHF covers 80% of the treatment
Our healthcare professionals are at your disposal for any further information you may require at (+352) 23 666-804 or domaine [at] mondorf [dot] lu